It has come to my attention that a number of bicycle thefts have recently taken place in Gipping Ward. All have been in the Burlington polling district apart from one in Speedwell Road.
The Police advise
- Invest in a good quality lock for your bicycle – D locks are the most effective and a worthwhile investment
- Use a lock to secure the bike-stand, wheel rim and frame together – making it more difficult for a thief to take
- Never leave your bike unlocked in a public place – leaving it unattended even for a minute can mean it is gone when you return
- Find a suitable location to leave and secure your bike – dark alleys, drain-pipes and posts are all best avoided
- Get your bike security marked by your local Safer Neighbourhood Team or crime prevention officer – making it readily identifiable should it be recovered
More information on cycle security here