New rights | Theresa May’s 11-point plan
- Guaranteeing that workers will enjoy the same rights after Brexit as they do under the EU.
- Increasing the National Living Wage in line with earnings until the end of parliament.
- Protections for “gig” economy workers, with a consultation on rights such as maternity leave.
- Worker representation on company boards.
- Giving workers the same right on information on their company’s future as shareholders.
- New right to request leave for training.
- New right to care for sick relatives full-time.
- New rules to protect pensions from bosses’ irresponsible behaviour.
- Extending the Equalities Act for those with mental health conditions.
- Right to child bereavement leave.
- “Returnships” for mothers going back to work after a baby.