On 5th Jan England entered Lockdown. During this time Suffolk Family Carers will continue to provide a near normal service.
Our information Hub remains open and our friendly staff are available for information, advice and guidance, or to offer a reassuring voice.
Contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (01473 835477) or Live Chat from our website (www.suffolkfamilycarers.org)
Current Service Status
Young People’s Service
- Education Visits – Due to school/college closures, our team will continue to offer YC/YAC assessments and interventions via video call.
- 1:1’s – Appointments will take place via telephone or video call only*
- Clubs – In person activities for young people are postponed. Details of rescheduled dates, and any future events, will be available as soon as possible on our events calendar
- Online Activities – Will continue as planned. Please check Parentmail, YC/YAC Instagram and Facebook pages for details. Information, blogs and activities will continue to be shared via YOUR SPACE. Wilf the YC Worry Monster is available via the website
Adult Services & Mental Health & Well-being
- Carers Assessments – Appointments via telephone or video call will continue as planned. Face to Face assessments are suspended*, but will return to normal as soon as possible.
- 1:1’s –Telephone or video call appointments will continue and be carried out as planned. Face to Face appointments are suspended*, but will return to normal as soon as possible.
- Regular Check Calls – Our advisers will continue to call Family Carers.
- GP Drop-in Sessions – Drop-in sessions at all GP Surgeries are postponed until further notice. Advisers are available for telephone and video support.
- Hospital Based Services – Our staff are not currently located in hospitals. Advisers are available for telephone and video support.
- Admission Prevention services (REACT & EIT) – Appointments via telephone or video call will continue as planned. Face to Face assessments are suspended*, but will return to normal as soon as possible.
- Social prescribing : Community Connectors are still here to take referrals and support you. Telephone or video call appointments continue as planned. Face to Face appointments are suspended*, but will return to normal as soon as possible.
- Motor-home Community Visits –The Motor home community visits are paused . These will be restored as soon as possible. More details can be found on our events calendar.
- Moving & Handling – Our moving and handling service is not currently undertaking home visits. Referrals are still being accepted
- Programmes and Workshops – We have created a series of online only events, programmes and workshops. For details of the upcoming sessions please see our events calendar.
- Mental Health & Substance Misuse – Our advisers will continue to carry out telephone or video call appointments.
- Talk & Support – Operating as normal. We are currently seeking additional volunteers for this service
- The View Drop-in Centre and our Reception – Remain closed to visitors until further notice
- Family Carer Groups – Virtual groups are being established where possible. Please contact the group directly for more information
* Note: some face to face appointments may be available, but these will only be in exceptional circumstances and carried out in line with government guidance